Thursday, November 13, 2008

Salmagundi

Definition: A collection of various things.
Synonyms: conglomeration, gallimaufry, hodgepodge, jumble, medley, mélange, miscellany, mishmash, mixed bag, mixture, olio, patchwork, potpourri, variety


Salmagundi is a strange word I came across today. Although B & I have a collective blog and B has his own chronicle of creativity, I've been resistant to begin my own. Still, we all have moments of giving in, right? I don't want this blog to be a lot of things, so whatever you don't want it to be and whatever I don't want it to be, it won't be, okay?

Only... I'm not sure whether that promise is more freeing or terrifying. Freeing, freeing, sorry.
Today I slept in a little and as I was getting up, I got a "businessy" phone call. Now, when my husband wakes up, his voice is immediately full, strong and beautiful. He could conquer the world with that morning voice. Mine, on the other hand, is already pretty wimpy. Stack morning hours on top of my pitiful, diaphragm-lacking whimper--and there is no use trying to disguise the fact that I just woke up. Blip! (That's the hippest new blog profanity, by the way). Does anyone else feel like if they were abducted and had to scream for help, they would be in a lot of trouble?

Other noteables from my day--paint in my hair, another interviewer telling me that although I was wonderful, they hired the other more-wonderful candidate, being halfway through my 50s murder mystery novel, some venting of "God-I'm-tired-of-this-what-am-I-doing" stress, a beautiful rainbow against somber iron clouds, learning from Seth & Amy, admiring B's haircut and blue eyes, thankfulness.

Don't forget to drink your water today. That's enough for a first blog. First blogs shouldn't be very long. The end.

No comments: